June 15 – June 30, 2013
"REFLECTIONS OF THE AMERICAN CULTURE AT JANINA MONKUTE-MARKS MUSEUM"
The exhibition of creative-educational children camp
Opening reception: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 1:00 pm
at Janina Monkute-Marks museum-gallery
You will see the works created by children from Kedainiai foster home "Saulute" during the camp (June 3 – June 15).
The camp was sponsored by U.S. Embassy Vilnius
Organiser Janina Monkute-Marks museum
Partners: Kedainiai foster home "Saulute", Kedainiai art school
More about camp >>>
May 18, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM DAY
• You could visit posters exhibition of Janina Monkute-Marks museum. This exposition is organized for the first time in the museum history. The exhibit will be open from 18 May to 8 June, 2013.
• Three painting and sculpture exhibitions of Antanas Adomaitis, Modestas Malinauskas and Julius Urbanavičius.
• Permanent collection of paintings by Janina Monkute-Marks.
• 12 a.m. - tour of the museum and its storage.
Sponsor – Kedainiai District Municipality
May 18, Saturday, 6.00 pm – 10.00 pm
European Night of Museums 2013 "PAST+FUTURE=PRESENT"
This is the eighth time when Janina Monkute-Marks museum-gallery is participating in European Night of museums project. Extraordinary artistic event will be held in the museum park. There will be various actions, arts and crafts, games, competitions. You will be impressed by outdoor expositions, artists' perfomances, for You will play live music.
Arts & Crafts:
• Creating the Night of Museums tree;
• Experimental painting on water;
• Traditional straw "garden" workshop;
• Sand painting;
• Wristlets' workshop;
• Stamps of European Night of Museums;
• Dolls from sox and mini theatre;
• Modern sculpture;
• Photo studio in the open air;
• Improvizational painting inspired by live music;
• Action "Learn knit without needles";
• Instalation from sox and other textile materials;
• Play area for children and others;
Outdoor expositions :
• Arts and crafts exhibition;
• Stone sculpture park.
• Live music;
10.00 pm - Celebration Closure.
Sponsor - Kedainiai District Municipality
International Symposium FELT 2006
8-22, September, 2006 International Symposium FELT 2006 was organized by the
group „White Moths“ and Vilnius Art Academy Department of Textile collaborating with
Janina Monkute-Marks museum –gallery.